Mining and Metals
Contro Valve serves the Canadian mining and metals industry with a wide variety of products.
Economic recovery in mining operations often requires high throughput and high availability of the process with low operation costs, and stringent safety and environmental regulations. In metals refining, it is crucial to improve the quality of not only products but also manufacturing and operation technologies, as well as to address environmental and energy-efficiency issues.
Serving the Canadian mining and metals industry with products that can stand-up in tough conditions.
Contro Valve serves the Canadian mining and metals industry with a wide variety of products including fixed gas detectors for underground and open pit mining operations, a variety of high performing valves for abrasive applications in mineral processing to a large selection of instrumentation for precise process control for all types of unit operations.
- For decades, the robust measurement technology from Vega has proven itself in all areas of metal production. From ore processing to the blast furnace: VEGA instruments are designed to meet the application conditions expected. Special versions of the sensors can resist process temperatures up to 1400 °C. For example, the VEGABAR 82 pressure transmitter can be used universally for the measurement of gases, vapours and liquids. Substances such as sand can be handled easily thanks to the abrasion-resistant ceramic measuring cell.
- Yokogawa’s robust instruments and control technologies are widely used in the global mining industry to deliver accurate process measurement and process control solutions. Some typical products used range from AXF magnetic flow meters, EJX pressure transmitters and various analytical products. Many of the high temperature processes used for pyrometallurgy are ideal applications for TDLS (Tunable diode laser system) for measurement of gas composition.
- MSA’s fixed gas detectors are widely used at mineral processing and smelting operations to detect the presence of toxic gases including O2, CO, SO2, and LEL for explosive gases. These products are available in rugged explosion proof enclosures to meet the relevant zone classification.
- Masoneilan rotary control valves are well suited for a variety of mining applications, particularly where strong performance under abrasive conditions is required. Popular models include the Camflex series 35002 rotary globe control valve and the 36005 V-Max series control ball valve.
- ValvTechnologies has been manufacturing and guaranteeing the performance of its metal-seated, zero-leakage severe service valves for more than 30 years. Valve leakage inside a slurry line will soon lead to dewatering of the slurry and expensive retrofit work, with extensive operational down-time. ValvTechnologies severe service metal-seated valves are designed to meet virtually any process condition in the mineral processing industry.